New Lease Accounting Rules
A new lease accounting standard was released by the U.S. Financial Accounting Standards Board on February 25, 2016. Find resources and information below to help you prepare for the new rules.
Please note: Users are welcome to use and share the following documents. If you reproduce this material, please credit ELFA as follows: "This information is brought to you by COMPANY NAME and the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association."
- Quick Quiz: Test Your Lease Accounting I.Q. - With new lease accounting rules on the horizon, are you prepared? Test your knowledge with this yes-or-no quiz.
- 8 Steps to Ease the Transition to the New Lease Accounting Rules
- Top 5 Tips for Lessees to Prepare for the New Rules (JPG Version)
- Organizational checklist for lessors to meet lessee needs under the new lease accounting rules
- FAQ for Lessees: Answers to Your Questions About the New Rules
- Top 5 Tips for Lessees to Prepare for the New Rules
- Changes to Lessees’ Financial Statements Under the New Lease Accounting Standard
- New Lease Accounting Rules: 8 Steps To Help Transition, by Ralph Petta, President and CEO, Equipment Leasing and Finance Association
- Industry Update: Benefits of Financing Remain With Lease Accounting Changes, by Ralph Petta, President and CEO, Equipment Leasing and Finance Association
If you have questions about accessing any of the documents on this page, please contact Amy Vogt at firstname.lastname@example.org.